Canonical Java Client (Json) Usage

Hi @damienburke, thanks for participating in the community.

First of all, I would like to clarify that I am not JAVA dev. That’s why I didn’t get into the topic.

I noticed that you are having problems with the JSON format. This is probably due to the fact that we switched to a new format in the responses. I particularly think it makes life a little harder for Devs in general.

If this is your case, would you mind reading and commenting on this topic? Facets format in mutation requests and query responses - thanks.

Yeah, I think RDF, as it is today, made things easier than JSON.

In general, RDF is our base input format (side comment: It is worth mentioning that our RDF does not follow all W3C standards). It won’t change anytime in the future. So it is a safe harbor. The only issue is the JSON format see Make the new Facet response Optional. · Issue #4907 · dgraph-io/dgraph · GitHub. This happened because we supported Facets in List Type. This improvement ended up modifying the final JSON input format.

We would be very grateful to have your use case there in the post Facets format in mutation requests and query responses

Cheers.

1 Like